This was on Tib's blog, and we all know I kind of enjoy mimis/quizzes; they make posting simple.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I enjoy wrapping paper. I like to wrap presents and I like to unwrap presents.
2. Real tree or artificial? I only have very, very vague memories of real trees. I actually prefer artificial.
3. When do you put up the tree? Dad put ours up last weekend, but I hear there are no decorations on it yet. I did not bring my tree up this year because I knew my cat would try to destroy it.
4. When do you take the tree down? I... forget. After Christmas. New Years or close to, I think. I am always sad to see it go down, though.
5. Do you like eggnog? No. Does anybody?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The doll house Mom made me
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes; they are all sheep. Except the baby Jesus. He is a human. As he should be. I do actually have a few Nativities, but the sheep one is my favorite.
8. Hardest person to buy for? The Dad or The Sister.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me! Wait, no. Umm... Probably Rochelle, except now she owns everything.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't even know?
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail. I collect the stamps (not really, mostly I just like to get mail because I never do)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppets Christmas Carol, but also Scrooge
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometimes as early as October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not one given to me, but some that have been given to the Parents have been recycled.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham.
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like all lights. But I believe there should be a good mixture of colored and clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I don't know that I have one of these. Maybe "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" because that is the only one I can really think of right now. I feel like it hasn't gotten a lot of attention this year.
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, I have to travel to get home, so... both.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen. And, yes, it's Donder. the "Donner" people ate each other. Very different.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. I have never seen an an Angel I have actually liked the face of.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? As a small thing, we used to get to open one present on Christmas Eve and it was always a pair of pajamas from Grandma. We could also open one friend gift. Now I just wait until Christmas for reals.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? December is really expensive.
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? I don't know that it's really a tradition, but most years Dad takes us to this house in town that has TONS of lights so we can look at it. Also watching the cartoon of the Grinch. That is always good times.
24. Up early or sleeping in? It's kind of like sleeping in, because most days I have to wake up before 6, but we usually get up at 7 for presents.
25. Who hands out the gifts? Dad. Mom doesn't get on the floor and Sister and I are the ones who get the most presents.
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Yes, but when we were little, Santa used to leave a pile of new videos for us by the TV and I don't remember them always being wrapped. (Santa, why don't you do that any more?)
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? We watch Luke II instead. On Christmas Eve, right before bed. It's easier that way.
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? As a small thing, yes. The shortbread kind that come in a tin. And I would leave lots and lots and lots of cookies for Santa and he would never eat all of them. It was sort of heart breaking (all of my issues stem from this, I just decided that).
"I think I know how it is to be grown up; it's when you feel how someone feels that isn't you." -Frances Griffiths