1. Who are you? I am me. I am a Child of God and a daughter of our Heavenly Father. I come from goodly parents.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing? I work basically full-time (split between 2 part-time jobs), read, and think about crafts a lot (think, but rarely do anymore)
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). As of this moment, I am not taking classes, however I will be starting school (again; third time's a charm!) pretty soon (probably) to get my Elementary Education Degree with an ESL endorsement. Also, I want to learn to speak Mandarin Chinese fluently.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year? This year? Probably to start school up again.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Graduated, married, and working. Not in San Horhe, possibly in Taiwan.
7. What stage of life are you in right now? Limbo
8. Are you more child-like or childish? I think everyone has their childish moments, but I'd like to think I am more often child-like than childish.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud? "Talk to you later."
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now? Good Question?
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes? Err... briefly. My knee was whacked, though, so I dropped the course because it Wasn't Working Out for me.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same? Of course life always gets better. Hard things happen, but there is always far more good than bad.
13. Does time really heal all wounds? No, but the Atonement can (with time).
14. How do you handle a rainy day? Depends on the season, what plans I had. I love a warm, summer rain. I love to stand out in it and get drenched to the core.
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights? Losing your luggage. Always. Thankfully, this has never happened to me (yet... knock on wood!)
16. How is your relationship with your parents? My parents are two of my best friends
Will you miss them when they are gone? DUH
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you? Meh... depends. Where am I? What am I doing?
18. What is the truest thing that you know? God loves us.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up? This has changed a few times. When I was little, I wanted to be a school teacher or a country singer (don't judge). When I was in High School, I wanted to become a photographer/archaeologist. Now I'm back to the school teacher dream!
20. Have you ever been given a second chance? Hasn't everyone?
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker? I would hope that it'd be pretty even between the two, but, realistically, probably I am more of a taker.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind? I try to, but most of my decisions are based on feeling rather than logic.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you? That fun time I shattered the cartilage in my knee was pretty painful, as was that other fun time when I had shingles. Both resulted in months of physical therapy.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you? Having one of my ex-boyfriends break up with me. I'm such a girl!
25. Who have you hugged today? My cat. My Kristy face. Dad.
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you? My cat, my Kristy Face, Dad, Mom, Pengyou
27. Do you have a lot to learn? So much! Don't we all!
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A ALL THE LANGUAGES!!!
B Everything associated with my degree
C Everything associated with archaeology
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel? Probably... what other people say. Unless it has to do with where a car was parked; in that case we are all doomed.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship? Communication, respect, compassion. This goes for all relationships.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A Go back to Taiwan
B Have my own family
C Learn to better serve others
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
B Anything involving needles entering my body
C Getting a horrible disease
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause? Does religion count as a cause? If so, then that.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
30's: The Great Depression
40's: World War II
90's: Elementary school!
2000: Adult Life!
2010's: Figuring out Adult Life!
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why? I can't say I really feel a "special connection" with any of them. I'm just glad that I don't remember the 80's.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? The Monster Mash. That counts, right?
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country? USA, Obama
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be? I actually have nothing to say to him.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night? Netflix, but hopefully I am always sleeping!
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why? Thinking.. thinking... thinking...I don't know, but Yzma is definitely my favorite.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout? Nope.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? Fly. Always.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night? Because light and molecules.
43. What does your name mean? "ewe"
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? Outer Space. The ocean actually scares the snot out of me.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Pink: she has a horrible song that they always play on the radio (I know, more than one word...) OR Barbie
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be? I don't even know. Actually, this is one of those questions that always irritates me because you know people judge you based off your answer.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive? I would love to be BFFs with The General
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday? I have several of these. A couple years ago I watched Sweet Land every day for 3 weeks. On repeat.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do? In an elevator? I won't need anything. I'll be passed out/dead after a few minutes.
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved? Not that I am aware of.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
Fruitgoogle: Google for fruits(?)
Ambytime: Any time in the morning
Asscactus: A horrible place to sit.
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands? Today... a rose boutonniere.
53. What was your favorite toy as a child? What age are we talking here? I had a horse that I adored beyond all reason. Also my waffle town road set, which was awesome. Also my Barbie dolls.
54. How many TV’s are in your house? Just one. I don't believe in more than one television in a house.
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Hiking. Photography.
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow? Happy!
57. Have you ever dreamed a dream that came true? I don't remember. I did wake up this morning with the thought that there would be a lot of funeral orders at work, and then there were. That's kind of the same thing, right?
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader? No, and I have no desire to.
59. What is your idea of paradise? I don't know. A beautiful beach with a soft, gentle breeze, lots of sea shells...
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like? Yes. God is good, God is great, God is perfect. He loves us and is our Heavenly Father. He has a plan for us. He is merciful. He is just. Everything good comes from God. He is our creator, the author and finisher of our faith. I'm always happy to share about my God!
61. Do you believe in Hell? In a manner of speaking, yes.
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't? Most people, I think, have not accomplished one of their life dreams by the age of 23. I have.
63: What is the kindest thing you have ever done? I don't know. I don't know that I am really that kind?
64. Are you a patient person? Not hardly.
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't? I feel like August needs a holiday. One that gets everyone out of work for a day.
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does? Valentine's Day
67. What's the best joke you ever heard? I have heard a lot of jokes, but the majority of them are not funny. My go-to joke, though, is this "Why did the elephant where tennies? Because nineies were too small and elevenies too big.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been? Taiwan! Hong Kong!
69. Is your hair natural or dyed? Dyed.
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front? I think I'm pretty up-front about most things.
71. What is under your bed right now? Better not be anything.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home? There's no place like home.
73. If you drive do you frequently speed? Define "frequently." Actually, define "speed."
74. What is the world's best song to dance to? I don't dance.
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone? See above.
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers? DISNEY!
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo? I can count on one hand how many times I have been to a zoo in my life. Is the zoo awesome enough to have manatees? If yes, then I choose that. If no, then just go in order.
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? Not overly romantic, no. Most chick-flicks bug me.
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off? No. Gravity and other stuff.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it? TRAVEL TO TAIWAN!
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick? The right to pick belly-button lint.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole? Equator. Easy choice.
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television? Television.
84. What do you think makes someone a hero? Sacrificing for the betterment of others.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in? I'm just going to go with The Emperor's New Groove
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach: Bloodandguts.
87. What was the last thing you paid for? I'm thinking... probably scrapbook supplies
88. Are you a coupon clipper? No
89. Get anything good in the mail recently? Also no. I only get bills.
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling? Bowling.
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends? I'mma just say yes because I don't care.
92. What insects are you afraid of? Most of them. Spiders especially. Actually, if it has more than 6 legs, definitely I am afraid of it.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say? I feel like there are no original answers for this.
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn? I don't... I don't know. I'm pretty conservative.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be? CHOCOLATE IN ALL ITS FORMS also cookie dough
96. What are your parents interested in? Family history, crafts, gardening, their children
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet? I remember having a parent catch a Taranchula once... Real memory? Don't know.
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal? No.
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans? Plans. Wishing gets you no where.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest? I don't know... when I'm fully rested?
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring? A tent. Pepper spray. A flashlight.
Recently I was reading all the amazing quotes that I wrote down from when I was in Taiwan. Here are some of my favorites (to Protect the Identities of the Innocent, I have changed all of my roommates' names to numbers):
Lauren: “If you want to take a picture, put my poo on your food.”
Mom: “I admit that the Modern Toilet would be a place I do not think I would go to. My body knows what it's supposed to be doing when I sit there - and it wouldn't be very pretty!”
Ten: “I see a trash can!” One: “I brought my camera, don’t even worry.”
Two: “I think I’m going to do that, just for funny.”
Seven: “Was that Irish?” Two: “I don’t know what that was. Let’s not talk about it.”
Two: “Yes, I hum in Chinese.”
Lauren: “Our service turned into gluttony, but it’s OK!”
Sister B: “You know in our body we have a lot of cells, and they die. Mine are already dying.”
Ten: “[Two] just gave me a flat tire!” Two: “Because I love you!”
Dad: in regards to finding a hotel in Taiwan “Make sure it’s clean and nice, not a brothel.”
One: “And then these thoughts come into your head and you say, ‘yep!’ and then they go away.”
Ten: “It’s like a Mormon rave! … with only four girls.” Two: “That’s pretty much what a Mormon rave is.”
One: “Guys! I’m not wearing a bra!” Three: “I’m glad you brought that up.” Ten: “And that’s why the lights are off.”
One: “That was so ninja!”
One: “Have you seen [Seven]? I have bad news for her: I don’t have her underwear!”
Two: “Where do you get your underwear? I buy mine in Taiwan. At the Easy Shop!”
Dad: “Maybe we’ll get you some compression pantyhose so you don’t come home with bungles. And it’s plural because you have two buns.”
Johnny: “Who is Cinderella?” Me: “She loses her glass slipper.” Johnny: “Her shoe? She can go buy another one, it’s OK! Throw this one out and buy two more!”
Seven: “Oh! I wanted to get into your closet!”
One: “I wish I could take my lips off and just leave them up here.”
One: “I feel more and more like a mix between a cockerspaniel and a bag lady.”
One: “Where’s my night bottle?”
Three: “One time at church, [Ten] gave me a tissue and it smelled like boy. Do you want to smell it?” One: “You still have it?” Three: “Yeah, it’s right here!”
One: “[Ten]? I’m going to sleep now, but I forgot to tell you to watch out for the zombie dolphins.”
William (5G): “How do you 'go around the bed?'”
Three: “The real question is, were you wearing a bra?”
Eight: “ We’re all friends here. I’ll hit you with this frying pan!”
Four: “I’ll destroy his face! Hand me the bowl.”
One: “There was still underwear in these sweats! It was the weirdest feeling!”
"I think I know how it is to be grown up; it's when you feel how someone feels that isn't you." -Frances Griffiths